@2pm: Monday Meeting Place
@2pm: Library Scrabble Club
@11am: Children’s Storytime (excluding School Holidays)
LAST THURSDAY OF THE MONTH
@2pm: Between the Sheets Book Group
10am - 4pm: Genealogy Information Day
@10am: Chess Club
Read it, Listen to it, Watch it
Incorporating Deniliquin, Conargo & Murray Shires
Introduction to the Deniliquin Library
The Deniliquin Library is situated in Gorman Park, in the centre of Deniliquin opposite the picturesque Waring Gardens.
Deniliquin Library has been operating as Central Murray Regional Public Library since opening in the Mechanics Institute and School of Arts in 1946 before relocating to a building next to the Town Hall. We have been in the current purpose built library since 1993, with extensive renovations increasing the size of the building to make it more user friendly in 2008.
Deniliquin Branch Location
We can obtain books or information from other libraries or agencies if they are not held by our library
DENILIQUIN LIBRARY HOURS
Monday - Friday
9:30am to 5:30pm
10am to 12 pm
Gorman Park, 55 Napier St
DENILIQUIN NSW 2710
Phone: 03 5898 3100
Fax: 03 5881 4833
There is an after-hours return chute available.
The Deniliquin Branch is closed on Public Holidays.
Books, Paperbacks & Audio—3 weeks
Videos, DVD’s & Magazines—1 week
All loans may be extended (excluding DVD’s & Videos)
Membership is available to all residents, free of charge. When joining you will be asked for proof of identification, with a current address.
A three month probationary period applies
Central Murray Regional Public Library aims to provide a library service that ensures free access to recreational and educational materials derived from sources representing a range of preferences and views, and to encourage an aware and participative community.
Our services will be based on the core values of quality, efficiency, relevance and accountability.
We will provide equity of access to library resources and facilities.
We will maintain direct and open communication and cooperation between the library and all its stakeholders.
With these statements in mind it is our intention to provide a service which will meet your needs.
· Anyone who lives, works or studies in the Deniliquin, Conargo, or Murray Shires may become a library member. Visitors are welcome
· Libraries will be open at the advertised time
In Deniliquin and Mathoura Library you are entitled to expect:
· Well maintained libraries which offer a pleasant and welcoming environment
· A wide choice of library stock for all sections of the community
· The provision of, or referral to, information on any subject
· Computer facilities including access to the Internet
· Newspapers and periodicals
· Information on community resources
· Study space
· Photocopying and fax facilities
Our Library Staff will:
· Treat members of the public fairly and equitably and with respect, courtesy, compassion and sensitivity
· Be well trained and knowledgeable about library facilities and services
· Be identifiable by name badge
· Offer prompt, timely and helpful attention to all without bias
· Meet agreed deadlines for the completion of inquiries.
· Complaints (and suggestion) forms are available at the Libraries
· You can discuss any concern with the staff who will assist you or refer you to an appropriate person
· Speak to, write, email, phone or fax the Manager Regional Library Services
· Write to the General Manager of Deniliquin, Conargo or Murray Councils
· When advised of a formal complaint the Manager will make every effort to contact you within 24 hours, and certainly within five working days.
· The Manager will investigate the complaint and advise you of the outcome as soon as possible.
Deniliquin Library is the larger of the two branch libraries that constitute the Central Murray Regional Public Library.
The other library branch is in the Mathoura Information and Business Centre, situated in Mathoura, to the south of Deniliquin.
Deniliquin Branch Location